Thursday, September 13, 2007

The DIANA+ is here!


Yep, you can now buy the Diana+ from Lomography. They launched a very nice site today, with lots of info about the new camera. And, perhaps, just as amazing (to me, at least) is that they bought Allan Detrich's Diana collection, and present shots of every one of the cameras on the Lomography site. Whatever your opinion of Lomography is (I'm really just enjoying photography too much to care...more power to those that can make a buck...and I'm not much of an elitist), I think it's great that this collection was kept together, rather than being parceled off on Ebay one camera at a time. It is an amazing collection, a true part of photographic history (the cameras themselves and the collecting of so many of them). Kudos to Lomography for that move. The site is pretty nice, of course, as they are good at marketing and design, regardless of whatever opinions you may have. The price is $50 bucks plus shipping, and comes with a book. For $70 you get 20 rolls of film, which is actually a pretty good deal, at a buck a roll. But I have plenty of color film.
I am bummed, though. I knew they would launch it while I was at class, so I am now on backorder and have to wait an extra week. You know I'll use it right away and post my impressions when I get it.

On a side note, someone asked why I never went back to showing how to load a Konica Wai Wai. Laziness, mostly. I took all the pictures, just never put it all together. I promise I will do that some day, but for now, Skorj has a decent review and explanation here at filmwaster.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 AM

    Do you have any comments on what this will do to the prices of original old used ones for which the price have been very high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 AM

    I don´t remember last time when I got so excited!!! I gotta have one, I gotta have one, I gotta have one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordere one! I think the price it's almost affordable compared to the 70$ of an Holga.
    P.S.: I love your blog. It's terrific! I'm trying to do something similar with mine.

    ReplyDelete